Thursday, October 3, 2013

DUPE ALERT!!: MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow and Urban Decay Skimp Eyeshadow Dupes!


Hey guys!!!

 
I know this post is going to be a little off topic today and I’m still planning to do the Urban Decay Naked Palette vs the counterfeit “Faked” Palette comparison post, I just haven’t had enough time on my recent days off to do that post because it’s going to be kind of complicated. But I’m finally going to have next Wednesday off all to myself so I’m planning to post it then. I’ve also been researching and gathering up information for my Fall 2013 Trends post series (I’m planning to do separate posts for eyes, lips, face and nails).


The past few weeks, Ulta was having its 21 days of beauty sale and on day 19, which was September 26th, they featured the Cargo Cosmetics Vintage Escape Eye Palette for only $20. The palette is a limited edition fall palette and it retails for $39 on Cargo’s website (it is still available for purchase there for anybody who’s interested in it). Unfortunately, Ulta no longer has this palette available but I can promise you that even though it’s not $20 anymore, it is well worth the $39 on Cargo’s website. The shadows are gorgeous and very pigmented; I am so impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I’m not going to review the palette right now because I’m going to talk about it in my upcoming Fall Trends post, so I apologize for not going into major detail about the palette right now but I wanted to show you something that I am very excited about. When I first received my palette and opened it, I noticed one of the shades called “Autumn” looked eerily similar to a very popular MAC eyeshadow- Soft Brown. Before I purchased Soft Brown, I looked everywhere for a dupe and could not find one so I bit the bullet and bought Soft Brown.
 
 

                           Pictured: Autumn shade is right above the MAC Soft Brown compact.
 

  Pictured: MAC Soft Brown next to Autumn (Sorry the picture came out upside down :/)
 
 
I decided to do a little experiment today and pulled out my Cargo palette and MAC Soft Brown and compared it with “Autumn” in the palette. It was so unsettling how they looked identical in the pan, so I decided to swatch them out of curiosity. Sure enough, they were DEAD on identical. It was scary lol. I mean, they were the same even down to the pigmentation and the texture. Granted, purchasing the palette isn’t necessarily going to save you money especially if you just want that one shade, but the whole palette is amazing quality and you definitely get your money’s worth. Anyone who has been wanting this palette, go for it and go for it fast because its limited edition and I don’t know how long it’s going to be in stock.
 

 
Pictured L-R: Urban Decay Skimp and L’Oreal Shroom Shimmer
 
 
There is one more dupe that I discovered a long time ago that I would also like to mention to you guys because nobody out there has talked about this dupe and it’s also spot on identical. It doesn’t look identical in the pan, but it is identical when swatched and worn. Anyone out there who’s been looking for Urban Decay Skimp Eyeshadow, which has been long discontinued, I found an identical dupe for it and the dupe is L’Oreal Wear Infinite Studio Secrets Professional Eyeshadow Single in 802 Shroom Shimmer. It is the exact same color and the shimmer is the same as well and it looks exactly the same on the lids too. See my swatches below, it’s uncanny.
 
 

Swatches L-R with Flash: Urban Decay Skimp, L’Oreal Shroom Shimmer, MAC Soft Brown, Autumn from Cargo Vintage Escape Palette.
 
 
 

Swatches L-R without Flash: Urban Decay Skimp, L’Oreal Shroom Shimmer, MAC Soft Brown, Autumn from Cargo Vintage Escape Palette.
 
I’m sorry for the short post today but I really wanted to share those dupes with you guys. I’m hoping that I will have the Naked Palette post up next Wednesday and I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment