Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Birthday Binge (Haul) + Mini Reviews and Swatches Part 1- Sephora & Bath & Body Works


Hello Cosmeticholics!!!

Since yesterday was my birthday and I got a ton of exciting stuff, I thought I’d share some of it with you guys. These are the gifts that were given to me from my boyfriend (his name is Junior in case you are wondering). My mom also ordered Lancome La Vie Est Belle perfume from Macys.com for me, but it hasn’t arrived yet so unfortunately I will have to make a second part of this post to show you guys. She also got me some things from Sephora that I will include in the next post.


Bath & Body Works Goodies:
I needed some more PocketBacs for work and ended up picking up a few more things lol it is so tempting in that store! Plus they had some of the new Fall stuff available -_- Some highly recommended scents of the PocketBacs, which I have repurchased several times, are the Island Margarita and Fresh Strawberries scents. I love these! They are perfect for the summer and oddly enough I have gotten several compliments when I use the Fresh Strawberries.
 

Pictured left to right- Turquoise Rhinestone PocketBac Holder ($3.50), Sexy Dahlia Rush Fine Fragrance Mist ($14), Fresh Strawberries Anti-Bacterial Sanitizing Hand Gel with Pump ($5), Fresh Strawberries PocketBac, Pumpkin Cupcake PocketBac, Paris Amour PocketBac, Island Margarita PocketBac, Washington Apple Harvest PocketBac, Smart Cookie PocketBac, Pumpkin Caramel Latte PocketBac, Farmstand Apple PocketBac (All PocketBacs are 5 for $5).
 






Sephora Goodies:
My mom and boyfriend both got me stuff from Sephora but this first post is going to show what my boyfriend got me. I recently became a Sephora VIB back in July and received several coupons in a welcome letter from them. I had a free shipping coupon and a 10% off coupon burning a hole through my wallet so I was finally able to use those when my mom and boyfriend purchased my gifts online. I used the 10% off coupon on the stuff my boyfriend got me since I was already getting free shipping with that order (It was over $50) and I used the free shipping coupon on the new Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick my mom got me (next post!) . Here is what Junior (my boyfriend) got me:
 
  

 
 
 
  Pictured left to right- Limited Edition Lorac The Private Affair Collection ($38), Limited Edition Sephora Collection Izak Baked Eyeshadow Palette (On clearance for $13 but it is no longer available on the site), Beauty Insider Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Mini Set (Free/BirthdayExclusive).
 
The Lorac Private Affair Collection is absolutely gorgeous and it is a phenomenal deal for what it comes with. For $38 you get a beautiful, chic palette with six plum-toned eyeshadows (four shades are shimmery, one appears to be matte but upon closer inspection it is definitely more of a satin shade, and the last shade is a matte with glitter) and a clever pull out drawer on the side that reveals a double-ended brush and mini Behind the Scenes eye primer. It doesn’t stop there! The collection also includes a full-size Multiplex 3D Lashes Volumizing & Thickening Mascara and a full-size Pro Cream Eyeliner in Plum. The cream eyeliner retails for $19 by itself and the mascara retails for $22 by itself. When you calculate that together it totals up to $41, so you are paying less and getting the palette, brush and primer basically for free! The shadows swatched excellently and they are so creamy and pigmented so the quality is there for sure. I would highly recommend picking this set up before it gets discontinued (it’s limited edition :/) and you won’t regret it!
 
 
 


 
 
               Pictured- Lorac The Private Affair Collection and swatches
 
The Sephora Collection Izak Baked Eyeshadow Palette is also a limited edition palette at Sephora and unfortunately it is already sold out :( This adorable palette comes in a notebook-like packaging and contains 8 large baked eyeshadows and a huge mirror. Let me first say how much I love Sephora’s baked eyeshadow palettes. I think I own all of them and they are awesome. All of the shadows in this palette appear to be shimmery and they swatched nicely dry, aside from a couple of the lighter shades which are pretty sheer. I will have to do some more experimenting with them to see how they look wet.  
 
 
 
 

Pictured- Sephora Collection Izak Baked Eyeshadow Palette with swatches (I apologize for the awkward swatching- I wanted to get the swatches and palette in the same picture together.)
 
 
I’m really excited to try out the mini Benefit They’re Real! Mascara included in the Beauty Insider Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Set. I already own a mini Benefit Watt’s Up! Highlighter (which is also included in this set) and it is very lovely.
 
 

             Pictured- Beauty Insider Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Mini Set



I hope you guys enjoyed part one of my birthday haul and I look forward to showing you the rest as soon as I receive it in the mail. I’m so grateful to have such a wonderful boyfriend and I love everything he got me, especially the beautiful card he gave me <3 Our 4-year anniversary is coming up on August 22nd and I am so excited and I hope to spend many, many more years to come with him. Stay tuned for part two of my haul, coming soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

2 comments: